Eastern Conference Roundup: July 29
1. Sporting Kansas City - 36 pts. - Week 22: 1-0 Loss at Montreal Impact
Without Matt Besler (international duty) and Aurélien Collin (yellow card accumulation) Sporting conceded a 96th-minute winner to substitute Blake Smith to have its six-match unbeaten streak snapped. After hosting the 2013 MLS All-Star Game on Wednesday (9:00 p.m. ET / ESPN2), Sporting Park will welcome the New York Red Bulls for a top-of-the-table clash on Saturday.
2. New York Red Bulls - 35 pts. - Week 22: 4-3 Win vs. Real Salt Lake
Down 3-2 after 82 minutes, Fabián Espíndola and Dax McCarty scored in the 89th and 94th minutes to secure three points at home for the Red Bulls. New York has a chance to move back into first place when they visit Sporting Kansas City on Saturday.
3. Montreal Impact - 35 pts. - Week 22: 1-0 Win vs. Sporting Kansas City
Rookie Blake Smith scored in the waning moment to help the Impact over Sporting Kansas City and end Montreal's five-match winless drought. The Impact travels to RFK Stadium to face last-place D.C. United this weekend.
4. Philadelphia Union - 34 pts. - Week 22: 1-0 Win at Vancouver Whitecaps FC
A late Antoine Hoppenot strike lifted the Union over a 10-man Vancouver Whitecaps side and steal three points on the road. Philadelphia hosts the Chicago Fire at PPL Park on Saturday.
5. New England Revolution - 30 pts. - Week 22: 2-1 Win at D.C. United
Dimitry Imbongo and Diego Fagundez scored in New England's come-from-behind road victory. With the win, the Revs moved into a playoff position and will look to stay in the top five as the host Toronto in Week 23.
6. Houston Dynamo - 30 pts. - Week 22: 1-1 Draw vs. Chicago Fire
The Dynamo tied the Fire 1-1 at home as Brad Davis returned from injury. Expect Davis and U.S. Men's National Team forward Will Bruin to be in the lineup when the Crew visits BBVA Compass Stadium on Saturday.
7. Chicago Fire - 25 pts. - Week 22: 1-1 Draw at Houston Dynamo
The Fire battled to a road point with the Houston Dynamo as Mike Magee scored his 13th goal of the season. The Fire travels to Philadelphia in Week 23 action.
8. Columbus Crew - 23 pts. - Week 22: 2-1 Loss at Toronto FC
For the third time in four games, the Crew conceded two goals in the final minutes to drop points against Toronto FC. Looking to rebound from the Trillium Cup defeat, the Black & Gold travel to Houston on Saturday (9:00 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio).
9. Toronto FC - 17 pts. - Week 22: 2-1 Win vs. Columbus Crew
For the first time in its history, the Reds claimed victory over the Crew at BMO Field behind late goals from Jonathan Osorio and Andrew Wiedeman. Toronto looks to keep things rolling on the road at New England in Week 23.
10. D.C. United - 10 pts. - Week 22: 2-1 Loss vs. New England Revolution
An eighth-minute goal from Luis Silva showed promise, but United conceded two second-half goals to New England to drop its 15th result of the season. D.C. hosts the Montreal Impact on Saturday.