USA vs. Jamaica World Cup Qualifier Nearing Sellout
COLUMBUS – Crew Stadium and U.S. Soccer announced today that in order to accommodate demand for the nearly sold out September 11 FIFA World Cup Qualifier between the United States and Jamaica, additional seats are being added in the available spaces inside Crew Stadium.
“Soccer fans in the region know this is a marquee event,” said Crew President and General Manager Mark McCullers. “The demand for tickets has been brisk, so we’re responding to that demand by adding additional seating. We expect those seats to sell quickly as well.”
The additional seats, priced at $32 each, are currently on sale at ussoccer.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000, at all central Ohio Ticketmaster ticket centers (including Kroger stores) and the Crew Stadium ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
The U.S. currently leads Group A with four points, ahead of Jamaica based on goal differential. Semifinal Round action resumes Sept. 7, with the United States facing Jamaica at “The Office” in Kingston.
U.S. MNT in Columbus:
· The U.S. holds an unbeaten 5-0-3 record lifetime at Columbus Crew Stadium dating back to 2000.
· Columbus Crew Stadium has hosted six World Cup qualifiers, with the USA collecting four wins and two draws.
· The U.S. has surrendered only one goal in eight matches in Columbus, outscoring opponents 12-1 in that span.
· Columbus was the site of the last USA-Jamaica meeting in World Cup qualifying, a 1-1 draw on Nov. 17, 2004, in the final match of the semifinal phase.
· The stadium has hosted the USA's home qualifier against Mexico in the Final Round for the last three consecutive World Cup qualifying cycles, with the U.S. collecting identical 2-0 wins in 2001, 2005 and 2009.
Located adjacent to the Ohio Expo Center, Crew Stadium is a 20,145-seat facility with the ability to hold up to 35,000 for concerts, that features a permanent main stage and roof structure. It is home to the Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer and is a target destination for other marquee sports and entertainment events including U.S. Soccer matches, NFL exhibitions, NCAA soccer and concerts.