Eastern Conference Roundup: August 12
1. Sporting Kansas City - 39 pts. - Week 24: 3-0 Win vs. New England Revolution
Sporting jumped back into first place following a 3-0 thrashing of the New England Revolution at home to bounce back from last week's loss to the New York Red Bulls. Peter Vermes' side hits the road to face the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday.
2. New York Red Bulls - 38 pts. - Week 24: 2-0 Loss at Columbus Crew
Without the Designated Player tandem of Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill, the Red Bulls were knocked out of first place with a 2-0 road loss to the Columbus Crew. Though Cahill is unlikely to return for a few more weeks, perhaps Henry will be back when New York hosts the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
3. Philadelphia Union - 37 pts. - Week 24: 2-0 Win vs. D.C. United
Conor Casey's career renaissance continues in Philadelphia as the veteran netted a brace to beat United on Saturday. The Union travels to New York for Week 25 action.
4. Montreal Impact - 35 pts. - Week 24: 2-1 Loss at Chicago Fire
The Impact has won just two of its last 10 matches, the most recent loss coming over the weekend to the Fire in Chicago. This week, Montreal hosts D.C. United at Stade Saputo.
5. Houston Dynamo - 33 pts. - Week 24: 1-0 Loss at Real Salt Lake
A questionable penalty left the Dynamo empty-handed in its visit to Real Salt Lake in Week 24. Houston hosts the Seattle Sounders on Saturday.
6. Chicago Fire - 31 pts. - Week 24: 2-1 Win vs. Montreal Impact
Chicago continues to climb the standings, beating the Montreal Impact over the weekend. With a win at New England and a Houston loss, the Fire could move into playoff position after being nears the bottom of the standings for most of the season.
7. New England Revolution - 30 pts. - Week 24: 3-0 Loss at Sporting Kansas City
Down to 10 men, the Revs dropped a road result at Kansas City in Week 24. With the addition of Charlie Davies and the return of Juan Agudelo, New England could easily find itself back in the hunt.
8. Columbus Crew - 26 pts. - Week 24: 2-0 Win vs. New York Red Bulls
The Crew snapped a three-match losing streak with its third win over a first-place team this season. The Black & Gold will look to ride that momentum into Saturday's Trillium Cup finale (TICKETS).
9. Toronto FC - 20 pts. - Week 24: 2-1 Loss vs. Seattle Sounders FC
Toronto FC had a good showing for the third straight week, but a highlight-reel Marcus Hahnemann save left the Reds pointless against Seattle. Toronto travels to Columbus in Week 25.
10. D.C. United - 13 pts. - Week 24: 2-0 Loss at Philadelphia Union
With the youngest lineup in D.C. United history, the Black-and-Red were unable to earn a point on the road in Philadelphia. United travels to Montreal on Saturday.