Eastern Conference Roundup: August 26
1. Montreal Impact - 41 pts. - Week 26: 5-0 Win vs. Houston Dynamo
Following a woeful June and July, the Impact is back on back on top of the Eastern Conference after unloading five goals on the visiting Houston Dynamo. Montreal goes on the road to face the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
2. New York Red Bulls - 39 pts. - Week 26: 3-2 Loss at Chivas USA
In the surprise of the week, the Red Bulls fell to Chivas USA on the road. Mike Petke's team will look to rebound in Week 27 against D.C. United on Saturday.
3. Sporting Kansas City - 39 pts. - Week 26: 1-0 Loss at Chicago Fire
Unable to stay atop of the conference, Sporting hit a roadblock in Chicago on Friday night. Kansas City returns to host the Colorado Rapids this week.
4. Philadelphia Union - 38 pts. - Week 26: 5-1 Loss at New England Revolution
The Union had no answer for Kelyn Rowe and the New England Revolution attack on the road in Week 26, losing 5-1. Jack McInerney will look to regain his early season form against the Montreal Impact on Saturday.
5. New England Revolution - 36 pts. - Week 26: 5-1 Win vs. Philadelphia Union
Kelyn Rowe netted a brace and added an assist to earn Player of the Week honors in the Revs' 5-1 victory over the Union. New England will look to move up the standings as it faces Toronto FC on Friday night.
6. Houston Dynamo - 36 pts. - Week 26: 5-0 Loss at Montreal Impact
Playing three matches in three different countries over a seven-day span, perhaps fatigue was a factor as the Dynamo fell 5-0 to the Montreal Impact on Saturday. Houston travels to Chicago on Sunday.
7. Chicago Fire - 34 pts. - Week 26: 1-0 Win vs. Sporting Kansas City
Hunter Jumper provided the winner in the Fire's Friday night victory over Sporting. Chicago hosts the Houston Dynamo on Sunday.
8. Columbus Crew - 29 pts. - Week 26: 4-0 Loss at Real Salt Lake
Unable to capitalize on the momentum from back-to-back victories, the Crew was handed a 4-0 defeat at Real Salt Lake on Saturday. The Black & Gold return home to face the Seattle Sounders in Week 27 without Captain Federico Higuaín (Yellow Card Accumulation).
9. Toronto FC - 21 pts. - Week 26: 1-1 Draw at D.C. United
The Reds earned a road point at D.C. United as Bobby Convey scored against his former team. Toronto hosts the New England Revolution on Friday night.
10. D.C. United - 14 pts. - Week 26: 1-1 Draw vs. Toronto FC
Like Convey, Dwayne De Rosario also scored against his former team to help United to a point at home. D.C. travels to New York for an Atlantic Cup showdown with the Red Bulls in Week 27.